Thirst Studios is looking for an energetic, full-time, front-end developer to join our small, enthusiastic team of dedicated user experience specialists, based in Melbourne.
Our ideal candidate will be not only be passionate about all things web related, but will be creative and love crafting clean, engaging, useful online experiences. You'll have a fantastic portfolio, full of outstanding work, and you will have number of years’ commercial experience in digital agencies. Most of all, we're looking for someone who is passionate about the industry and has a desire to push the web design / UX / UI fields forward.
Skills required for this role
- An impressive, creative portfolio showcasing your front-end solutions
- 3+ years experience as a Web/Front End Developer in a web development firm and/or marketing/advertising agency
- Fluent in the usual web design authoring tools
- Experience with taking a flat Photoshop design, and creating an engaging, delightful, user experience
- Experience using LESS and/or SASS
- Experience with Content Management Systems and integration of HTML/CSS/JS into templates and components (experience with PHP/MySQL is a definite plus!)
- Knowledge of WCAG and experience producing accessible HTML/CSS
- Passionate about user-centred design for web sites, web apps and mobile applications
- Mobile experience, including responsive design
- Able to create designs that are true to brief and requirements
- Able to interpret specification documentation and wireframes
- Keen to collaboratively brainstorm digital creative concepts
- Good communication and presentation skills
- You're passionate about all things 'web'. This isn't just a job for you.
- You're innovative, creative and comfortable contributing to discussions about how to build outstanding user experiences
- You appreciate experience as much as aesthetics, and a love for all things interactive.
- You're into attending web design conferences and reading the latest web design mags.
- You're comfortable working on a range of projects for a wide range of clients, from large corporations and government departments to small community service organisations and start-ups.
- A strong team player with a good sense of humour (our culture is really important to us).
- A self-starter with a great work ethic.
A little more about us
As a member of our team you'll be supported and surrounded by a wonderful group of smart, friendly and engaging people, working out of our lovely new creative studio in the middle of Melbourne. Work is so much more than a job to us. It's our passion and our hobby. We love what we do!
As a growing business, we are conscious of our social and environmental impact and look to make a difference where we can. On a practical level this means we share knowledge within the community, source what we can locally, recycle, upcycle, catch public transport, ride our bikes, use renewable energy and value honesty, accountability and transparency. In terms of work, it means we want to use our powers for good; actively seeking to work with companies and causes that align with our desire to elicit positive social and environmental change.
We're proud to be part of the thriving Melbourne web, design and UX community and even hold our own bi-monthly 'geek night'. We regularly take part in industry events and we always aim for early finishes on Friday to catch-up over a few drinks.
Please send a cover letter, CV and some examples of your recent work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to send your portfolio, Dribbble link, side-project, resume or website, or anything else that demonstrates your creative and technical skills.
Applicants must be Australian residents to be considered for this position.