Business Development Manager
Thirst Studios is looking for a brilliant Business Development Manager to join our friendly, dedicated, close-knit team of user experience and web design specialists, based in Melbourne.
A collaborative approach, proven commercial track record and previous experience selling digital design solutions is essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a studio that attracts a good variety of clients from large corporations and local hospitals to well-known Melbourne restaurants and innovative start-ups.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Following leads and managing the client relationship throughout the sales process.
- Generating new leads through market knowledge, networks, relationships and opportunities within existing client accounts.
- Developing written proposals in response to client briefs and RFQs.
- Supporting Thirst to improve and streamline the proposal development process.
- Pitching and presenting proposed solutions to clients.
- Tracking and reporting on sales activity in daily and weekly meetings.
- Developing ideas for new products and services.
- Looking at opportunities to maximise current revenue streams and ways to attract new clients.
- Promoting the Thirst brand and up-skilling by attending industry events.
- Experienced in selling digital solutions to clients, with 3+ years experience as a Business Development Manager in a web development company and/or digital agency.
- Able to take a verbal or written brief from a client and prepare a written response which meets requirements whilst also being commercially viable.
- Able to easily interpret specifications documentation and wireframes.
- A brilliant communicator, both verbally and written.
- A natural networker - able to build strong, lasting, meaningful relationships.
- Passionate about all things web and UX, not 'just a salesperson'.
- Comfortable working on a range of projects for a wide range of clients, from large corporations and government departments to small community service organisations and start-ups.
- A strong team player with a good sense of humour (our culture is really important to us).
- A self-starter with a great work ethic.
- We have a growing reputation as one of the best UX & web design agencies in Melbourne.
- A central CBD location, with a large, open plan studio environment.
- Loads of great coffee within 5 min walking distance!
- A dedicated, passionate team that care deeply about creating exceptional digital user experiences.
- A supportive, flexible and enjoyable work environment
- A large portfolio of existing clients that consider Thirst their partner - not just a supplier.
- Loads of opportunities to enhance your career through regular training, meet-ups and conferences.
- A competitive salary and bonus scheme.
As a growing business, we are conscious of our social and environmental impact and look to make a difference where we can. On a practical level this means we share knowledge within the community, source what we can locally, recycle, upcycle, catch public transport, ride our bikes, use renewable energy and value honesty, accountability and transparency. In terms of work, it means we want to use our powers for good; actively seeking to work with companies and causes that align with our desire to elicit positive social and environmental change.
We're proud to be part of the thriving Melbourne web, design and UX community and even hold our own bi-monthly 'geek night'. We regularly take part in industry events and we always aim for early finishes on Friday to catch-up over a few drinks.
Find out more about us at http://thirststudios.com/
How to apply
If this all sounds like you, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Applicants must be Australian Residents to be considered for this position. No recruitment agencies please.
Thirst Studios - Think responsibly.