Senior UI Designer
Thirst Studios is looking for a full-time Senior UI designer to join our dedicated, enthusiastic team, based at our Melbourne office.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about design for the web and loves to create clean, engaging, useful online experiences. You'll have a fantastic portfolio of design work and preferably a number of years commercial experience. Most of all we're looking for someone who is passionate about the industry and has a desire to push the Web Design / UX / UI fields forward.
Skills required for this role:
- An amazing creative portfolio
- Fluent in the usual web design authoring tools
- A good understanding of design concepts such as colour theory, grids and typography
- Passionate about user centred design for web sites, web apps and mobile applications
- Mobile experience, including responsive design
- The ability to create designs that are true to brief and requirements
- Able to interpret specification documentation and wireframes
- Keen to collaboratively brainstorm digital creative concepts
- Good communication and presentation skills
- You're passionate about all things 'web'. This isn't just a job for you.
- You're innovative, creative and comfortable contributing to discussions about how to design something better.
- You appreciate experience as much as aesthetics, and a love for all things interactive.
- You're into attending web design conferences and reading the latest web design mags.
- You're comfortable working on a range of projects for a wide range of clients, from large corporations and government departments to small community service organisations and start-ups.
What Thirst Studios can offer you:
- A close-knit team focused on quality, creativity and innovation
- A supportive, flexible and enjoyable work environment
- Professional development
The salary for this role will be based on skills and experience. Ideally, we're looking for someone full time, but do contact us if you're interested in working for us on a part-time or contract basis.
Please send a cover letter, CV and some examples of your recent work to email@example.com. Feel free to send your portfolio, Dribbble account, side-project, resume or website, or anything else that demonstrates your creative and technical skills.
Applicants must be Australian Residents to be considered for this position.